As the core unit of Industrial agglomeration development, the park has become the most important and extensive space carrier for the high-quality development of China’s economy, and it has also become the main force for implementing the dual-carbon goal. How can the park develop a green, low-carbon and high-quality development path ? During the 2022 CIFTIS, Schneider Electric, an expert in digital transformation in the field of global energy management and automation, joined hands with Alibaba Cloud, China Academy of Information and Communications Technology, and the International Economic and Technological Cooperation Center of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology to jointly release “Digitalization and Carbon Neutrality (Park Section)” ” report, based on a comprehensive analysis of the challenges and opportunities of carbon reduction in the park, taking digitization as an important starting point for the implementation of the park’s dual carbon goals, based on the advantages of all parties, and carrying out in-depth cooperation, relying on the carbon neutral service platform, for the park and the park. Enterprises provide a full-process carbon management solution from consultation to implementation, from supervision to certification, enabling comprehensive carbon reduction.
Challenges and opportunities coexist, digitalization and carbon neutrality enable high-quality development of parks and enterprises
Statistics show that there are over 10,000 Industrial parks of various types in China, contributing more than 50% of the national industrial economic output value. However, there is another set of figures behind the rapid development of the park. The energy consumption of the industrial park accounts for about 69% of the total energy consumption of the whole society, and the carbon emission accounts for about 31% of the national total emission. Therefore, the park has become the current carbon control and reducer An important target for carbon. In 2021, the State Council issued the “Carbon Peaking Action Plan before 2030”, which clearly proposed the construction of green and low-carbon parks, and selected 100 typical cities and parks to carry out carbon peaking pilot construction; in 2022, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment issued The “Notice on Promoting Carbon Peaking and Carbon Neutralization in the National Eco-Industrial Demonstration Zone” puts forward higher requirements for the park to effectively implement the carbon peaking and carbon neutrality work plan and implementation path. Policies are frequently issued and their implementation is accelerated. From a green and low-carbon development model that takes into account dual carbon and economy to accelerating the digital transformation of industrial parks, it is not difficult to find that the development of parks has always been firmly centered on the two themes of “digitalization” and “carbon neutrality” .
- Digitization is a new engine for the high-quality development of the park. It can not only improve the intelligent level of the park’s infrastructure and realize the “visible, manageable, and usable” of the park, but also deeply integrate the operation and management of enterprises in the park and the manufacturing process to promote the whole process, Low-carbon lean management of the whole life cycle. At the same time, with the help of the digital energy management platform, the access, management and comprehensive utilization of traditional fossil energy and clean energy can be efficiently realized, helping to improve the clean and low-carbon level of energy in the park;
- Carbon neutrality is the development direction and long-term goal of the park. Achieving carbon neutrality is an extensive and profound economic and social systemic change. The park and the enterprises in the park need to start from the actual situation, find out their family background, and strengthen the top-level design. , Guided by emission reduction and carbon reduction, build a digital management platform, realize the reengineering of the management process of the whole industrial chain of the park, and realize the coordination of energy saving, land saving, water saving, material reduction, pollution reduction and carbon reduction.
Three-end coordination, multi-pronged approach, there is a feasible way to reduce carbon in the park
At present, there are a large number of enterprises in the park with different scales, and the enterprises are not very active in reducing carbon emissions, which makes the road to double carbon in the park difficult. From the overall perspective of the park, it is necessary not only to build the ability to manage carbon emissions in the park, but also to provide diversified, efficient, high-quality and low-cost energy and carbon services. This requires the combination of mature energy and carbon asset management services and landing solutions to jointly build a digital carbon neutral service platform for the park based on the three ends of the park, services and enterprises, to help the park management upward, and provide enterprises with energy saving and carbon reduction downward. and other comprehensive services of dual carbon, forming a closed loop of benign cooperation that integrates top-down linkage and management and service integration:
- Park supervision terminal: help the park to accurately grasp the energy consumption and carbon emission of the park, and realize online supervision of the total energy consumption, energy consumption intensity, total carbon emission, and carbon emission intensity of the park. Based on data, provide the park managers with Panoramic data and supporting services;
- Serving the ecological side: Provide energy and carbon service merchants’ entry services and energy and carbon procurement services, introduce external or internal expansion operation capabilities, gather high-quality energy + carbon comprehensive service capabilities, and support the sustainable operation of the platform;
- Enterprise application side: Provide one-stop energy and dual-carbon services and solutions for enterprises to make services more “intimate”.
Implemented at the operational level, the park can promote carbon neutrality in the park through direct or indirect comprehensive energy services, along the four paths of direct carbon reduction, application of green electricity, energy conservation and efficiency enhancement, and asset management:
- Direct carbon reduction: Using digital technology, the park can build a unified comprehensive energy service platform. Through the coordinated deployment of the production process of enterprises, the overall energy and resource utilization can be optimized, the proportion of clean energy applications can be increased, and the energy consumption per unit of output value can be reduced. Achieving reductions in energy costs and carbon emissions across the park;
- Application of green electricity: In industrial parks dominated by discrete industries and tertiary industries represented by manufacturing, indirect emissions are an important source of carbon emissions, and green electricity replacement will be an important choice for emission reduction. The park can be used as a comprehensive energy provider with unified planning to help enterprises in the park achieve a balance between investment costs and benefits, rational distribution of energy, and increase the self-sufficiency ratio of clean energy in the park. For example, the microgrid energy consultant can not only achieve energy saving and carbon reduction in the park, but also reduce the operating cost of the park. Not only can the cost of electricity be reduced by utilizing the difference in electricity price between peaks and valleys, but also distributed new energy and energy storage can be optimized and integrated to improve the energy structure and optimize costs;
- Energy saving and efficiency increase: Combining with the scene of the park, energy saving and efficiency can be achieved from three aspects: hardware optimization and upgrading, resource recycling and energy cascade utilization, and digital lean improvement. For the power consumption system of the park, flexible and customized intelligent diagnosis can be provided according to its building characteristics and point distribution characteristics, so as to realize the optimization of energy use; Process efficiency to achieve carbon emission reduction; in Baosteel’s 1580 hot rolling intelligent workshop renovation project, a full set of automation products, logistics algorithm optimization, interconnection system and expert engineering services have constructed the first unmanned vehicle in the hot rolling workshop of a Chinese steel plant In the workshop, the average daily output has been increased by 15% to 30%, the energy consumption of the process has been reduced by 5%, the quality cost has been reduced by 20%, and the labor efficiency has been improved by 20%;
- Asset management: Through the introduction of digital management tools, various new equipment such as new energy power generation, energy storage, power distribution, production, etc. are managed, and all-round digital management at different stages from equipment purchase and storage to equipment operation and maintenance is realized. For example, in the Yili Modern Smart Health Valley project, Schneider Electric achieved continuous empowerment during the construction and operation and maintenance periods through digital delivery, plant management system and energy management system, thereby improving the operational efficiency and management level of the system, and optimizing and Reduce costs and achieve dual carbon goals.
A green contract for the park has begun. Schneider Electric will join hands with many partners to deeply integrate the concept of green development, low-carbon technology and digital technology, “tailor-made” for the park and enterprises in the park, and formulate a carbon neutrality that belongs to the park itself. Timetable and carbon implementation roadmap, and fully promote the development of the park in the direction of green, service and high-end.
For more insights, please click here to download the “Digitalization and Carbon Neutrality (Park)” report.